STATEMENT OF FAITH – THIS WE BELIEVE
- The Holy Scriptures
- The Godhead
- The Person and Work of Jesus Christ
- The Person and the Work of the Holy Ghost
- Man Without God
- Eternal Secure Only if Found Faithful
- Second Coming of Jesus
- Civil Government
- Human Sexuality
- Divine Healing
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (in the original manuscripts) to be the inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are without error, infallible and breathed by God and therefore are the final authority for faith and life now and forevermore. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are the divine revelation of God to man (2 Tim.3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
We believe in one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Ghost… All three have always been in existence, identical in nature, equal in power and glory, and having the same holy attributes and perfections (Deut. 6:4-5; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:10,26).
- The Person and Work of the Father
We believe that God the Father created the universe as recorded in Genesis Chapters 1-2.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice, and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical, resurrection from the dead.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate.
- We believe the Holy Ghost convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
- We believe that He is the Divine teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God. All have freedom of choice just as Adam had. When one chooses to disobey God he sins, and sin separates from the approval and blessings of God.
We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord.
- We believe Jesus Christ died on Calvary to separate and save man from all his sins and to enable him to live a holy, sin-free and righteous life in this present world.
We believe in that “blessed hope,” the personal return of Jesus Christ in the air at a time to be determined only by God.
We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to everlasting punishment.
We believe that Satan, the Devil, is not a human being, but is an evil spirit that enters into the minds of those who are not saved from sin. This evil spirit wars against the saints of God through various forms of temptation to try to cause them to fall and fail Christ.
We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions: 1) The Home; 2) The Church; 3) The State. Every person is subject to these authorities, but all (including the authorities themselves) are answerable to God and governed by His Word.
We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity should be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex.
We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life…
We believe that God has given the Church a Great Commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ…
We believe that every Christian, as a steward over that portion of God’s wealth entrusted to him is obligated to support the local church financially. The tithe forms a basis for giving but that every Christian should also give other offerings sacrificially and cheerfully to the support of the Church, the relief of those in need, and the spread of the Gospel…
We believe that God in His Providence has the authority and power to execute divine healing, and we urge our people to exercise faith as they pray for such healing. We believe also that every Christian has the right to choose whether or not to seek medical assistance through doctors, hospitals, etc., but ultimately all healing is ordained by God.